The Board of Directors provides strategic direction and leadership in organisational governance to this diverse and growing community service organisation. The Board of Directors bring a broad range of skills to their roles and share a passion for contributing to the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities across the Macedon Ranges and beyond.
The Board has two broad purposes, compliance and performance:
COMPLIANCE: conform with or exceed all legal requirements
- Monitor constitution
- Comply with directors responsibilities
- Comply with laws
- Monitor insurance requirements
- Monitor financials
- Compliance audits
PERFORMANCE: assist the organisation to perform to its best potential
Strategy and policy
- Approve vision/mission and ensure it is embedded into the organisation’s operations
- Approve strategic plan and policies and monitor regularly
- Overall performance of the organisation
- Board evaluation, succession planning
- Report outcomes to stakeholders
- Manage CEO
- Represent and participate
- Keep stakeholders informed
- Project a strong and positive image
- Promote the vision
- Facilitate cohesion
- Protect the interests of stakeholders
- Speak with one voice regarding Board decisions
- Ensure up-to-date and effective risk profile and management strategy
- Monitor critical risks
The Constitution provides for a maximum of nine directors and a minimum of five directors (so that a quorum can be formed to transact business at meetings).
The Board consists only of non-executive directors, the majority of whom are independent. That is, no member of the Board may be a paid staff member of the organisation.
Directors are free from any interest and any business or other relationship which could, or reasonably be perceived to, materially interfere with the director’s ability to act in the best interests of the organisation.
Membership of the Board shall be disclosed in the annual report including whether a director is independent or not independent.
The Board has not adopted a tenure policy, but according to the Constitution, each director must be re-elected by the membership after three years on the Board.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Cobaw Board of Directors, please contact our Chief Executive Officer on 03 5421 1666.
For more information about becoming a Board Director, click here to send an email enquiry.