WayOut is a Cobaw Community Health program which promotes the rights, mental health and wellbeing of same sex attracted, intersex, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse (i.e. * LGBTIQA+) young people and families in rural Victoria, predominantly in the Macedon Ranges. WayOut is funded by the Victorian Government’s Department of Health and Human Services as part of the Healthy Equal Youth (HEY) partnership.
* lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual and sexualities and genders other than heterosexual and cisgender.
WayOut focuses on health promotion, community capacity building and development, youth participation, leadership and design. The model involves young people forming partnerships to implement change in their local communities.
WayOut provides a range of services including:
- Support and referral for individuals, their families and friends
- Providing information and education for professionals – including teachers and health care professionals, youth services and community organisations
- Facilitating a youth group in the Macedon Ranges Shire
- Organisation and delivery of community events.
Parents Empowering Rainbow Kids (PERK)
Are you the parent of a young person who identifies as LGBTIQA+? Would you like to connect with other parents in the Macedon Ranges and neighbouring shires? Parents Empowering Rainbow Kids (PERK) aims to connect with and provide support and information for parents and carers of LGBTIQA+ young people in a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment. PERK meets quarterly on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 5.30-7.00pm. Meetings are held in March, June, September and November, with dates yet to be set. PERK meets at a variety of venues in the Macedon Ranges as determined by the group.
For further information on WayOut or PERK, contact us:
- Call: 1300 026 229
- Click here to complete the Contact Us form
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit us at 47 High Street, Kyneton
Cobaw Community Health Services Ltd acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.