Physiotherapy provides services for clients with conditions involving:
- Musculoskeletal e.g. back, neck and joint problems (acute or long term)
- Neurological e.g. balance problems or other deficits following a stroke
- Cardiothoracic e.g. for breathing or lung conditions or post cardiac surgery
- Pre & post natal issues requiring physiotherapy.
The physiotherapy team also offers the Cobaw Strength for Health exercise program and provide education for Cobaw’s Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs. For an appointment, please ask your primary care provider or GP to refer you, or contact Cobaw’s Intake team on 1300 026 229.
Program Contact Details
Phone: 1300 026 229 or
Click here to complete the Contact us form.
Public Funding: This funding enables Cobaw to provide services to aged people, younger people with a disability, and adults in the community who are unable to access private physiotherapy services – this would usually mean Health Care Card holders. As places available for this funded service are limited, clients are prioritised on a needs basis and waiting lists apply.
Commonwealth Home Support (CHSP) Eligibility
- Frail, older people aged 65 years and over (or 50 years and over from Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander People) who need assistance with daily living to remain living independently at home and in the community
- Frail, older CHSP clients aged 65 years and over (or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people) who receive planned respite service, will allow regular carers to take a break from their usual caring duties
- Frail, older people or prematurely aged people 50 years and over (or 45 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people) who are on a low income and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness as a result of experiencing housing stress or not having secure accommodation.
For more information about accessing services via My Aged Care, visit the My Aged Care webpage.
Veterans: Services are provided for Gold Card holders and these requests have a high priority.
Private Health: Use of private health cover is encouraged with physiotherapy extras as Cobaw is registered for this service.
Those with a chronic illness may also speak to their GP about a Team Care Arrangement referral for physiotherapy.
Post Hospital Discharges
For any post hospital treatment, it is recommended that any discharging hospitals make arrangements through their own outpatients’ clinics in the short term to ensure patients receive appropriate follow up, particularly for complex management. Cobaw does not provide a hospital outpatient service and has limited capacity to see people post hospital event.
For those higher risk people eligible for Post Acute Care physiotherapy (two home visits) please contact Macedon Ranges Community Nursing on 5422 9911 for referral.
Please note that Cobaw is unable to accept WorkCover or TAC referrals.
For general physiotherapy, people can self-refer or be referred by another agency. You do not require a doctor’s referral to see the Physiotherapist however it helps the Physiotherapist to have a clear indication of medical investigations that have been previously completed.
All requests for aquatic physiotherapy, exercise groups, Team Care Arrangements and Post Acute Care services require a doctor’s referral.
As per Cobaw’s fees policy.
Please note: For people who do not provide 24 hours notice of cancellation or fail to attend an appointment, you may receive an invoice for the fee. For Private and Medicare services this would be the full cost of the service.
Availability / Times
Physiotherapy operates between 9am and 5pm at:
- 7-25 Caroline Chisholm Drive, Kyneton (Monday to Friday)
- 142 Main St, Romsey (Wednesday).
How to make a referral
It is preferable for a GP or hospital referral to contain a request for service, past and current medical history and medication, any contraindications for treatment and alerts, and any relevant radiology and pathology reports.
Referrals from other health practitioners must contain a request for type service, past and current medical history and medication (if available), and any alerts.
It is preferred that GP/agency/service referrals are received via www.connectingcare.com
Cobaw Community Health Services Ltd acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.