We provide occupational therapy in your home across the Macedon Ranges Shire. The occupational therapy (OT) service aim to assist people to maintain their independence and safety, and overcome issues which restrict normal daily life.
Services may include:
- Assessment of functional abilities and need, usually at home or on site
- Assessments of safety issues for the person, their family and carers
- Referrals, advice, information, and recommendations to assist the person to achieve their goals
- Assistance to obtain appropriate equipment or aids to maximise personal independence and safety
- Scooter funding assessments
- Personal alert assessments
- Pre-operative visit and advice for people having orthopaedic surgery
- Post-hospital assessment home modifications.
Program Contact Details
Phone: 1300 026 229 or
Click here to complete the Contact Us form.
Outreach – Macedon Ranges Shire
- People can refer themselves or be referred by another agency
- You do not need a doctor’s referral to see the Occupational Therapist however it helps to have a clear indication of medical investigations that may have already been completed
- Team Care Arrangements and Post Acute Care will require a doctor’s referral
Commonwealth Home Support (CHSP) Eligibility
- Frail, older people aged 65 years and over (or 50 years and over from Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander People) who need assistance with daily living to remain living independently at home and in the community
- Frail, older CHSP clients aged 65 years and over (or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people) who receive planned respite service, will allow regular carers to take a break from their usual caring duties
- Frail, older people or prematurely aged people 50 years and over (or 45 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people) who are on a low income and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness as a result of experiencing housing stress or not having secure accommodation.
For more information about accessing services via My Aged Care, visit the Getting Started with My Aged Care webpage.
Fees range from $9.60 to $185 depending on eligibility.
Availability / Times
Between 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
How to make a referral
A GP, hospital or health practitioner referral would contain a request for service, past and current medical history and medication, any contraindications for treatment and alerts, and any relevant radiology and pathology reports.
It is preferred that agency/service referrals are received via www.connectingcare.com
If you are referring yourself, the Intake Worker will ask you some questions over the phone when you contact us.
Cobaw Community Health Services Ltd acknowledges the support of both the Victorian and Federal Governments.