Dietitians assess people’s nutritional status and provide food and nutrition information to improve health and wellbeing. Dietitians provide information about modified diets to manage conditions such as malnutrition, dysphagia, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, cancer, food allergies and intolerances. Dietitians assist people by providing dietary and nutritional advice to assist nutritional wellbeing.
We accept referrals for conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Coeliac disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (including advice on FODMAPs), IBD (e.g. Crohn’s and Colitis)
- Weight management
- Pre/post bariatric surgery
- General healthy eating advice
Program Fees/Contact Details
Our Dietician sees both adults and children and fees are based on eligibility criteria.
- For some people, e.g. those who come under the HACC Program for Younger People or those on Home Care Packages, fees will be fully covered
- For many people, e.g. those on a pension or healthcare card, the fee is $10 per hour
- The full-fee private rate is $180 per hour.
To find out more about fees, contact one of our Client Services and Scheduling Officers by phoning 1300 026 229, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to complete the Contact Us form.
- 7-25 Caroline Chisholm Drive, Kyneton
- Outreach/home visits
Our Dietician currently works Tuesdays only
How to make a referral
A GP, hospital or health practitioner referral will contain a request for service, past and current medical history and medication, any contraindications for treatment and alerts, and any relevant radiology and pathology reports. To help to prioritise referrals, it is important to include as much information as possible.
It is preferred that agency/service referrals are received via www.connectingcare.com
Referrals can also be made by contacting one of our Client Services and Scheduling Officers on 1300 026 229, emailing email@example.com or click here to complete the Contact Us form.
Cobaw Community Health Services Ltd acknowledges the support of the Victorian State Government.